Sunday, January 31, 2010

Classmate Biographies

Bios

TERRY BREGY

202 Mechanic St.
Camden, ME 04843

-h- 207 236-9717
-w- 207 594-9544

tbregy@downeast.com
Terry has been employed for many years as the marketing director, publicist and sales representative for Down East Books, Maine's largest book publisher in Rockport, Maine, and a division of the same company that publishes Down East Magazine. He is active in local theater and singing groups, auctioneering and emceeing for charitable groups, and he narrates at least one nationally-distributed recorded book each year, mostly young adult titles for "reluctant readers". He and his wife, Linda, have seven exotic birds, including two cockatoos and an Amazon, all rescued from hardship situations. Their three children are spread out all over the country, no grandkids yet. Any Nasson alums passing through Rockport should call Terry for the tour of the famous old Down East building on Route One. Maybe even lunch!

SOL A. FACTOR

23892 Greenlawn Avenue
Beachwood, Ohio 44122

-h- 216 381-7978

s.factor@sbcglobal.net
Professional Background
I recently retired after 36 years of teaching in public schools. The last twenty-six were at Cleveland Heights High School where I taught Modern and American History; as well as a special elective on "The Lessons of the Holocaust." I am also a Mandel Fellow through the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. I have written several teacher guides for Holocaust documentaries and books. For the past twenty plus years I have had a sideline called "Famous Faces" where I do one man shows of famous men in history. One of them, as you will all remember, is Mark Twain

Marriage
I have been married for almost thirty-four years to Charleen Greenberg Factor. We met while I was doing my graduate work at John Carroll University in Cleveland. She too has just retired after thirty-nine years from teaching elementary school.

Children
We have two children. Lisa who graduated from Buffalo State College where she met her husband. She is now Mrs. Ilan Konover. She is expecting our first grandchild in about two weeks. She and her husband live near us and she works with multi-handicapped children at a local elementary school.
Our other child is Scott who lives and works in Washington, DC. He works with a large public relations firm. He is a devout Jayhawker having graduated from the University of Kansas.

Future Plans
To totally spoil our first grandchild! I am also working on a possible two books. One dealing with my career in teaching; the other dealing with my search for my natural mother. Charleen and myself are also planning to take several trips throughout the world

SANDY KELIHER

Sandra Smith Keliher
258 Bassett Road
Winslow, ME 04901

207 873-4936



Sandy is a graduate of Nasson College with a B.A. in Mathematics, Husson College with a B.S. in Accounting, and of Thomas College with a Masters in Business Administration. Previously, she was with Central Maine Power Company for 12 years as a Corporate Tax Analyst. She also has experience in public accounting at Chester M. Kearney, CPA's in Presque Isle and as controller for a wood-cutting and sawmill operation in Ashland, Maine. Sandy is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Maine Sodety of Certified Public Accountants. She currently serves as Payroll Clerk for Pleasant Street United Methodist Church in Waterville. She also servers as Treasurer on the Board of Directors of Hospice Volunteers of Waterville Area. Sandy lives in Winslow with her husband, Mike, and together they have six grown children.

MILT MAHLER

1441 E 8th Street
Mesa, AZ 85257-6505

-h- 480-990-2106
-c- 480-516-2813
-w- 602-685-3100 x 2496 (92496#)

miltmahler@cox.net
-AIM- miltmusa

I have lived in AZ since 8/01. I moved here with my Wife Donna of 32 years and our 3 sons, Robert-29, Jeff-25, and Jonathan-24.

I have worked in the prison system here for just about 24 years. I do the classification of adult male inmates as they are received at the Reception prison in Phoenix.

My sons are not married and no I don't have any grandchildren :(

If anyone plans to be in the Phoenix area, please let me know so we can see each other! I am on line everyday and would love to stay connected to all members of the class via e-mail :)

milt:)


PAMELA DOIRON VERSTYNEN

1713 Algodones NE
Albuquerque NM 87112-4516

-h- 505 296-5130

pam.verstynen@gmail.com
I am assuming that this bio entry is for information about what we have done since graduation. As a retired English teacher, I am telling you- whoever had this idea- that there should have been a word limit given! As we get older, we tend to get wordy, as I am now doing…. After Nasson I taught SocialStudies at the seventh grade level in Searsport, Maine from 69-11/70. I’d met my husband Dennis at UNM during the summer. We’ve been married for 34 years and have two wonderful sons, Timothy who is a Ph.D. candidate at U Cal Berkeley studying cognitive neuro-psychology. He is married to Heather who is also working on her doctorate, in clinical psychology, at U Nev. at Reno. Thomas is still a student at UNM (the whole family has at least one degree from UNM). He will graduate this June with a double major in Spanish and Criminal Justice. Dennis and I both retired from teaching high school in ’71. We retired way to early, so I have gone back to school and am working my way toward a Ph.D. in education. I have a GA for this year working in the college of education. Dennis has decided that as long as I am so wrapped up in my work, he might as well unretire too. He is looking into various jobs as I write this. We haven’t traveled out of the country as much as we would have liked, but head west often. My mother and sister are in Arizona, and the closest salt water, which I have to see at least every two years, is in that direction. Love California, as much of the US seems to, and there is a chance we might end up there eventually. I still read a lot, garden somewhat, don’t have time for needlework any more, guess if I had to, would list going to the movies as a hobby. Love seeing you at reunions, and hope the next time more of you show up.
Pam




PAUL DRISCOLL

141 Harris Road Princeton NJ 08540

H-609-497-2911

pdriscoll@brenntag.com

yoshied@verizon.net


Yes I was in the Marine Corp Reserves. Nobody ever believes that when I
tell them. I trained with the
regulars, but at MCRD in San Diego, not Paris Island. That is unusual,
because I am from the Northeast.
Usually, all recruits from this part of the country at least in 1969 went
to Paris Island.
Everyone who came back from Viet Nam told me to get into a Reserve unit,
any one of them, as it was better
then going there. The Marine Corp was the only unit I could find that had
openings. I wasn't a great Marine,
but it was an experience.

We are getting some slightly warmer Spring weather.

Bradford was my favorite dorm. I don't think a day goes by that I don't
remember Nasson. But I agree, we are a long way from those days!


Paul
Tel: 609 306 5916

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment